Tuesday, May 15, 2012

EXCEL VBA Tips - Comment out VBA code Blocks


Excel has lots of short cut way to make us work more efficiently. Comment out VBA code Blocks should be one of them.

In my work, I frequently use ‘  (single quote)  to comment-out  code. For a long time, I manually add in ‘ before the line I wish to comment out.  I felt annoyed because I did it a lot in daily basis. I knew there was an easy accessed button in VBA to comment out the whole block of the code. However, I was too lazy to find it. Finally, it is my limit. I googled and found the buttons and dragged them to my standard toolbar.

 I was very happy with the result. I click, comment out; click again, uncomment.


Here is what I did:

1. Go to View/Toolbars/Customize.
2. Select the Commands tab and then the Edit category.
3. Scroll down until Comment Block and Uncomment Block.
4. Drag them to the Standard toolbar

 Now click the button, the whole block of code is commented out.


© Copyright Exceltipsandkeys All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. ohoooo thanks for sharing this useful information to us.
    Please visit here for get corporate training in some skills like excel , power point and so more

    ReplyDelete